Laura E. Connor
Download vcard View in PDF
Laura has over eleven years of experience providing accounting and financial advisory services to companies and legal counsel on a variety of issues surrounding financial investigations, litigation, international arbitrations and other disputes. Laura has worked on client assignments involving damages analyses involving complex contract disputes and intellectual property, valuations, investigations and bankruptcies in a variety of industries. Laura has extensive experience in assisting with internal and external investigations of financial institutions.
Prior to joining Credibility Consulting LLC, Laura provided similar accounting and financial advisory services at Huron Consulting Group; KPMG; and InteCap. Laura’s primary focus has been in litigation support and damage analysis with focus on intellectual property, valuation and international arbitration matters.
Disputes & Litigation
- Managed engagement team in international contract dispute involving wrongful termination of joint venture agreement involving the sales of commodities in Venezuela.
- Managed engagement team in international contract dispute involving wrongful termination of contract related to the offering of higher education programs in Vietnam.
- Managed engagement team in international contract dispute involving interconnection rates between African fixed and mobile telecommunication operators.
- Managed engagement team in an international maritime dispute related to the contractual arrangements for the shipment of iron ore involving parties from Argentina and Brazil.
- Managed engagement teams in preparation of damage assessments related to patent infringement matters in a variety of industries, including online wagering technology, computer hardware and software, internet-related technologies, toys and games, food additives and hurricane protection.
- Managed engagement team in international contract disputes involving a credit card operator and its franchisees, which involved the assessment of potential lost profits and other potential financial harm involving parties from Ecuador, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and the US.
- Managed engagement team in an international investment treaty dispute, which involved the assessment of value of a Romanian chemical plant.
- Prepared damage analysis, drafted expert report and prepared expert for deposition and trial testimony for legal malpractice matter involving reasonable royalty damages for technology in the wireless telecom industry.
- Prepared damage analysis for a Trade Secret infringement case in the software industry.
Valuation & Licensing
- Managed engagement team in an appraisal action to assess the fair value of a Russian telecommunications company in the Delaware Chancery Court.
- Assisted in the valuation of intellectual property portfolios and developing and implementing intellectual property licensing programs in a variety of industries, including interactive television, semiconductors and Bluetooth technology.
- Assisted with the determination of the extent of past and future financial damage to a well-known toy brand as a result of the negative impact of lead paint related recalls of its products
Financial Investigations, Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Conducted royalty investigations to determine damages related to the alleged underpayment of royalties in the software industry and pharmaceutical industry.
- Managed team assisting government with Bank Secrecy Act compliance and fund tracing investigation. Drafted reports to the government on our progress and findings.
- Assisted government regulators in an investigation involving Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act compliance and fund tracing for a financial institution. Drafted multiple reports to the regulators on our progress and findings.
Education and professional certifications
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland. 2006.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania. 2000.
- Accredited Valuation Analyst, 2009.
- Associate Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Licensing Executives Society
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- “Post Enron – What is Involved if Earnings Management is Suspected?”, The Institutional Corporate Law Section Newsletter, National Bar Association, Vol. 8, No. 3, November 2002.
- Co-author; “Update on International Commercial Crime”, What’s New in U.S. Litigation? Second Annual U.S. Litigation Seminar, October 14, 2004 and republished; “International Commercial Crime: Money Laundering”, The Institutional Corporate Law Section Newsletter, National Bar Association, Vol. 10, No. 3, October 2004.
- Co-author; “Post-Acquisition Disputes: A Financial Perspective”, The Commercial Law Connection, National Bar Association, Vol. 3, Issue 2, Summer 2006.
- Co-author; Chapter 7: “Compliance Programs and Anti-Money Laundering Efforts”, Building A World-Class Compliance Program: Best Practices and Strategies for Success, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2008.
- Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs, regarding BSA/AML findings and compliance with an investigation into a Washington, DC Financial Institution (2004).