David J. Meilstrup
Download vcard View in PDF
Dave is a forensic accountant experienced in disputes and investigations. Dave has assisted companies and legal counsel with domestic and international disputes, fraud investigations and other financial and accounting advisory services across many industries.
Prior to joining Credibility International, Dave was with Huron Consulting providing dispute and investigation services. Before that, Dave was with KPMG where he performed external audits and forensic accounting assignments.
- Prepared damages analysis and assisted in preparation of an expert report in an international arbitration between fixed and mobile telecommunication companies who were involved in a contract dispute.
- Prepared damages analysis and assisted in preparation of an expert report in patent infringement matter involving an online wagering technology.
- Assisted counsel in preparing an appeal to a state comptroller’s office regarding taxes due based on the organizational structure of the affiliate companies and the definition of revenue as it relates to those subsidiaries.
- Prepared damages analysis and assisted in preparation of an expert report in a breach of contract dispute between a technology company and a consulting company involving the choice and implementation of ERP and accounting systems.
- Assisted counsel with mediation between two banks by preparing a damage analysis resulting from the recruitment of loan agents and the use of client lists.
- Managed engagement team in calculating individual damages for multiple plaintiffs involved in a dispute with a career school over allegations of fraud.
- Prepared damages analysis and assisted in preparation of an expert report in a contract dispute between business partners in the construction industry.
- Prepared damages analysis and assisted in preparation of an expert report in a dispute involving trade dress infringement between two small engine manufacturers.
- Prepared damages analysis and assisted in preparation of an expert report for a fraud and defamation dispute between an investment bank and a duty-free company.
- Performed investigation into the bank records of a movie producer hired by a not-for-profit organization.
- Investigated the alleged illegal transactions in a potential FCPA violation by an international company’s offices in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia.
- Assisted the court-appointed monitor of a financial services company investigate the facts surrounding the collapse of their financial products division.
- Assisted management of a private technology company in an investigation into the alleged fraudulent presentations of the company’s financial results by the CFO.
- Assisted government regulators in an investigation involving fund tracing as well as anti-money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Assisted counsel with an internal investigation of a telecommunications company responsive to an SEC investigation into the accounting treatment of reserves.
Education and professional certifications
- Master of Accountancy, Brigham Young University, 2003
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2002
- Certified Public Accountant, 2004, licensed in Virginia
- Certified Fraud Examiner, 2007
- Co-author; Chapter 7: “Compliance Programs and Anti-Money Laundering Efforts”, Building A World-Class Compliance Program: Best Practices and Strategies for Success, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2008.